Saturday 25 February 2017

Thanks to Doris

I have picked up one of my WIPs.  I was supposed to be working on it during the IHSW but I kept forgetting.  

Indeed it has been some considerable time since I have picked up this particular project. 


Here it is now.


Were you wondering who Doris is and how she inspired me to get back to this? Well, for a start the Doris in this instance is not a she, nor even a who but rather a what.  For on Thursday I was scheduled to be at my quilting group.  On Thursday however Doris arrived in England, storm Doris and with the storm came wind and rain and a whole shower of cancellations for the quilting group.

So with the quilting night cancelled and the bag I would have taken put away my eyes fell on this project tucked in its bag, and out it came. Had it not been for Doris, I would have been off to my meeting and this might have waited considerably longer before progressing at all.

No comments: