Tuesday 19 May 2015

A touch of Satin.

I made to baby quilts for a friend from church, she had a boy then a girl in close succession. That the girl followed so quickly was quite a surprise to the parents, the boy had been very reluctant and some years of persuasion had been required.  His sister, obviously impatient with the waiting headed on down at the earliest opportunity.

In the earlier stages of my quilting journey as I was then, I kept the quilts relatively simple (I have discussed the tag of simple and log cabin previously on this blog somewhere) and as they were so close together (I had never heard the term Irish twins before, odd phrase) I did my best to make them similar whilst not identical.

Satin baby quilt






The first quilt was made without knowing the gender of the baby so I covered both bases using  turquoise and pink satin along with white. The edge and backing is white cotton which has crescents and circles in the same colours, a most serendipitous find that material.


I happily had enough material left over to use again for the baby that followed, although I altered the design so who's was who's could be identified.


Baby quilt in Satin.

However, I will admit I can't recall which is which.I do not know his from hers or hers from his!

Hopefully they do, or their mother does.

For years I thought I only had a picture of one of the quilts however, I came across the second one just recently and nicely in time to post both today on the baby boy's 20th birthday!  Not such a baby any more, told told you it was a long time ago I made them. 

No comments: