Friday 31 January 2014

blue and brown and cream quilt

Blue and brown quilt

Another quilt which started life as a Church project.  This time lots of enthusiastic square cutting which did not progress to much sewing together.

Again the abandoned bits (this time squares) came to stay with me. As the squares had interesting variations on the definition of square (due to being multi cut with scissors who's sharpness is in some question) I went with strips.


I was pleased with the overall effect but muddled up my counting and made a whole panel more than I needed for the double bed size top. Follow this link to see what happened to the extra panel and left over squares tree-quilt

I quilted it with large flowers, not easy to see here, and brought the back forward to do the binding. This quilt was also given as a gift to a good friend.

No comments: