Wednesday 18 December 2013

Figgy pudding

Christmas pudding
Works Christmas lunch today however, there was no figgy pudding.

Indeed we had no pudding at all.

I have never seen a round pudding they generally come in a dome shape.

I have a fondness for this pudding image as I once was one myself.  To clarify that statement, in the school Christmas Play, in the infants if I recall correctly, I had the starring roll as a Christmas Pudding. 

The pudding was having some adventures and trying not to be eaten till Christmas.  I recall my costume being two rounds of painted cardboard front and back, that I ran round in circles a lot and had a little song which ended 'you can't eat me till Christmas'.

Funny the thinks that stick in the memory and the things that bring them back to the fore.

No comments: